Top 10 SPL Birthday Gifts
Happy Birthday 2 Me! On this day, I am particularly thankful and give extreme gratitude for several things in my life, and Sports. Peace. Love. is first on the list. As I get older, and turn ___, unwrap-able gifts are few and far between and I begin to really think about my needs versus my wants. However, it is fun to think of gifts I would love to have, so I made a list.
Top 10 Ten SPL Birthday Gifts:
10. Bright Shoelaces: Give yourself something happy to look at as you’re pounding the pavement. You’ll want to keep putting one foot in front of the other.
9. Workout Clothes: No need to explain this one. When you look good, you feel good, and want to look better. New exercise clothes, keep your routine fresh and a good way to keep up with your slimmer frame.
8. Headphones: I’ve been having headphone drama recently. I have two sets, (Set 1: The left ear bud doesn’t work. Set 2: Both ear buds fall out when I run). And I’m on my fourth pair. Good headphones are good to come by. If you have good headphone suggestions, let me know.
7. Make Your Own “Gym Bag Swag”: Gather up small sizes of gym necessities: deodorant, SPF lip gloss, sport sunscreen, facial wipes, ponytail holder/sweatband, and washcloth. Add a special touch with an inspirational note, small candle, and a cute toiletry bag and your birthday girl or guy is ready to get so fresh, so clean, and so fit. The simple things make a BIG difference.
6. Colorful Socks: I saw someone with florescent pink ankle footie socks. It was the perfect workout flair and I wanted a pair.
5. Zumba Workout DVDs: Get your party friends together and have your own Zumba party. And, “After the show it’s the afterparty,” so tell everyone to bring some healthy eats to share and top it off with a Skinny Margarita to add to the Latin vibe!
4. Sport Watch: Keep track of time without the hassle of using your iPod. Time your intervals and distance. There are different levels for every workout type.
3. Whole Foods Gift Card: PERFECT GIFT! This will NOT disappoint.
2. Specialty Class Package: A class package is one of the best ways to supplement your workouts. A package for these types of classes will be a guaranteed hit: the local yoga, pole fitness, boot camp or dance studio. Be creative!
1. Bicycle: How fun to bike to you neighborhood stores to run errands? Use biking on your rest days in your workout routine. It is a fun way to get moving, be active and cure boredom.
Truly it is the thought that counts, let the gift come from the heart, and it will be appreciated.